Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 4 is the finish line. Finish Strong!


Family and Friends:
Any time you do a diet, it is like a mental exercise program. Mentally, you choose and commit. Once you have chosen how strict you are going to be on the nutrition plan, you exercise your will power and follow your commitment. This mental process happens many times in many different areas of our lives. Each time we exercise self control and will power, we deserve positive reinforcement. When you exercise these mental powers, your commitment has reached the next level. Those who reach and maintain their personal best fitness levels, are those consistently focused not only on clean nutrition but on will power as well. 

Week 4 is like the end of a great exercise routine or a great set. Push yourself! See how long you can follow your mind and be the master of your body, the controller of your weight.

Mental Mastery Tips:
The way I am personally successful during a strict week of nutrition is by planning on small personal rewards strategically placed in the plan.

Daily:  Clean your mouth as much as possible. Floss after breakfast and dinner, brush your teeth after each meal and chew mint gum in-between meals. This clean feeling will bring focus to your mind and kill your sugar cravings.

1 Have a small square of dark chocolate (77% coco) with 1 large teaspoon of almond butter. I bite the chocolate square in half and stick each piece in-between my cheeks and my teeth. Then take the spoon full of almond butter and stick it right on my tongue. This makes me almost choke on the almond butter. I end up swallowing and swallowing and by the time the I have swallowed all the way, the almond butter and the dark coco feel like I have eaten a full bar when in reality it is a great small cheat.

2 Give yourself a facial. This makes me feel clean and fresh and I am able to relax and enjoy some time not focusing on my hunger. The facial gives much more then just a clean feeling. Facials enhance circulation throughout the face and decrease your wrinkles. Great facials can relax muscles through your head and neck and enhance focus. When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you act good. Take care of your face.

3 Get a pedicure: The feet are in connection with the whole body and a  gateway to health. By exfoliating and soaking them you can stimulate nerves through the spine as well as the body systems. This can bring tremendous relaxing feelings to you during a time when you need it.

4 Plan on getting a massage. Your massage does not need to be from a professional therapist, but could be from a loved one who is interested in your health. Some of my most healing massages come from my 2 year old son. His loving touch and desire to help me feel good is all I need to boost my emotional well being and help me stick to another clean day of nutrition.

Focus on ending strong! Next week you will have carbs back and your energy will be restored. Challenge your will power and be aware of your body’s reactions.

Live Long! Be Strong! Smile Forever!
                                                        Love, Your FitForever Family   

No comments:

Post a Comment